The intellectual perception of a Saudi, Muslim woman - Rabab Khodary



My journey through cultures

Delving : engaging with different cultures as an integral element for increasing science awareness through technology

An idea brought by :
Rabab AbdulAziz Khodary



Friday, May 7, 2010

My inspiration influences around the world!


Calvin Hawn
Yoga trainer
GoodLife Fitness
London, ON, Canada














From Canada:
As a health practitioner, I have had an abiding interest in health and wellness for over a quarter of a century.  I have recently turned my attention to the role of the brain in various disorders, with a particular interest in the practical effect of reduced numbers of dopamine and endorphin receptors in people who were abused and/or neglected as children.  I am less interested in theory than I am in what can be done in practicality to help such individuals.


The concept of neuroplasticity fascinates me, and since connecting with Rabab, I have begun working with a group of special needs teens as well as briefly with a group of children on the Autism Spectrum; as a result, I am excited about the possibility of improved life experiences for these and similar individuals based on my observations thus far.   
Best regards, 
Calvin Hawn






From Saudi Arabia:
First I want to give many thanks to my friend Rabab for this great group which brings up the hope, love, and cure for epileptic people. This group let us express our ideas, thoughts and share our blogs and stories. What’s more, it is to support epileptic people and get the word out because they need our support, donations and concerns as human beings. It is good ideas since no one can imagine how epilepsy makes you lonely. Also, it encourages us to share our experience together about epilepsy. The group inspired me to volunteer and spread the world about Epilepsy Awareness epilepsy awareness among globe. I participate in many of them such as Epilepsy foundation center in London, ON and Washington, DC because they need our support. Big thanks to Cassidy Megan the founder of Purple Day for epilepsy.
Regards,
Aliyah S Algethami


From Lebanon:
The Jigsaw Puzzles group gives me a great opportunity to express myself about what seems so oblivious for scientists for so long which is the HUMAN BRAIN. It's maize indeed. We have to dig deep search well to find what we are looking for.It is of great interest to me becuase it's so mysterious magical.It defines our behaviour,way of thinking,thoughts,emotions, it's basically the promotor of our every action.
Best regards always,                                                 
Maha Al-Zaiem




From Colombia: 
English version: My truly interest in the world of mental disorders came up with the group on FCBK: The Jigsaw Puzzles, where I was able to see it's wide spectrum and the many ways of applying my own field: sports medicine and exercise physiology.  It has been not only interesting to find evidence of exercise regarding prevention and treatment in many of the diseases mentioned in the group, but also it has motivated me to keep on searching for solutions and benefits coming from life style changes, like exercise is in order to treat, prevent or just to improve people's quality of life affected by this diseases that remain a mystery.


Spanish version: Mi verdadero interés en el mundo de los desórdenes mentales surgió con el grupo en FCBK: The Jigsaw Puzzles, donde pude ver el amplio espectro de éste y la aplicabilidad de mi propio campo: la medicina del deporte y fisiología del ejercicio.  No solo ha sido interesante encontrar evidencia en cuanto al ejercicio como prevención y tratamiento de muchas de las patologías mencionadas en el grupo, si no también me ha motivado a continuar en la busqueda de soluciones y beneficios a partir de cambios del estilo de vida, como lo es el ejercicio para tratar, prevenir o simplemente mejorar la calidad de vida de las personas afectadas por patologías que siguen siendo un misterio.
Best regards,
Verónica Bachiller

No comments:

Post a Comment